Region E2 Report - Summer 2012

News from the Eastern 2 Region
Eric Milou, Eastern 2 Regional Director
Summer 2012

As we enter the summer months, all of us at NCSM are already preparing for the new school year. Please mark your calendars as three one-day seminars are being planned to precede each of the NCTM Regional Conferences. The Eastern site is Hartford, CT and the NCSM Seminar will focus on assessment and will be held on Wednesday, Oct 24, 2012. The NCTM regional meeting will directly follow on Oct 25-27. Hope to see many of you there.

Moreover, the Common Core math standards present a great challenge and also a huge opportunity for all of us to improve mathematics education. It is by far daunting work but NCSM is taking the lead and has created many implementation support materials for our members to help implement the Common Core Standards. At our website, we now have a whole set of resource pages that can be found by clicking the CCSS link. One of my favorites is Illustrating the Standards for Mathematical Practice.

State events being held in our region this fall are listed in the calendar section of this page. If you don't see your event listed, please just contact me () and I will get it listed for you.

Finally, please reach out to your colleagues and INVITE them to join NCSM. Help us build our mathematics education leadership community. Best wishes for a healthy and relaxing summer.

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)