Region E2 Report - Fall 2013

News from the Eastern 2 Region
Eric Milou, Eastern 2 Regional Director
Fall 2013

As the 2013-14 commences, all of us at NCSM are preparing many exciting events. Note the NCSM Fall Leadership Seminar is in our region (Baltimore, MD) on October 16, 2013 which will precede the NCTM regional conference.

I hope to see many of you from the Eastern 2 Region there.

As for common core news, I urge you check out my website ericmilou.com and the following great resources:

And as you may know, both assessment consortiums (PARCC and SBAC) have released many sample items. For PARCC prototypes, check out: www.parcconline.org/samples/item-task-prototypes. For Smarter Balanced a sample online test can be found at: sbacpt.tds.airast.org/student

Also at the NCSM website, you can find many resources by clicking "CCSS" link. One of my favorites is "Illustrating the Standards for Mathematical Practice". Other powerful resources include Inside Mathematics at www.insidemathematics.org and the Mathematics Assessment Project (MAP)

State events being held in our region are listed in the calendar section of this page. If you don't see your event listed, please just contact me () and I will get it listed for you.

Finally, please reach out to your colleagues and INVITE them to join NCSM. Help us build our mathematics education leadership community.

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)