Region C2 Report - Winter 2013/2014

News from Central 2 Region
Laura Godfrey, Central 2 Regional Director
Winter 2013/2014

As the holidays approach, I've taken time to reflect back on this fall in our Region. The fall Leadership Seminars were not as close as in previous years, but NCSM members from our Central 2 region were enrolled in all three seminars: Baltimore MD Oct 16; Las Vegas Oct 23; and Louisville, KY, Nov 6. Central 2 represents!

The participants in those seminars told me that they eager to use the information and special hints on the NCSM website - Coaching Corner. We hope these leaders will visit often and check for new information frequently.

I hope you all took time to vote for a new Central 2 Regional Director. My term will expire at the end of the national NCSM Conference in New Orleans this coming April. For those of you who did vote, you know that we had two excellent math leaders from which to choose. Congratulations go to Comfort Akwaji-Anderson from Iowa. She has served as a state co-team leader under both Connie Schrock and me. She will do an excellent job representing our region -congratulations, Comfort.

In the meantime, we are working hard to get ready for the NCSM annual conference in April in NEW ORLEANS!

JAZZED UP MATHEMATICS LEADERSHIP: Building Systems to Trumpet Achievement
April 7 - 9, 2014
6:45 am Monday - 5:00 pm Wednesday

Whether you are a first-timer or a veteran of NCSM Annual Conferences, join us for the three exciting days in New Orleans focused on important issues for leaders in mathematics education. More information, including the program brochure can be found on the website, And after this winter, almost everybody could use a few days in New Orleans.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me at if you have any questions, concerns, ideas, etc. I would welcome hearing from you! And please, visit our website often. All the conference information is already there and more will be added.

Happy Holidays,

Laura

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)