Region E1 Report - Spring 2014

News from the Eastern 1 Region
Suzanne Libfeld, Eastern 1 Regional Director
Spring 2014

The 46th NCSM annual conference this year is in New Orleans, April 7-9, "Jazzed Up Mathematics Leadership." Several sessions are focused on Common Core State Standards and Emerging Leaders. The strand descriptions can be found on the NCSM website. The conference is a great opportunity to enlarge your network of resources and tools to support your work. I hope you are planning to attend and will also attend the Eastern 1 Regional Caucus during the conference. It is a great opportunity to meet and network with leaders in your region.

Eastern 1 Regional Caucus - Tuesday, April 8 3:45 - 4:45 p.m.

Grand Salon Suite B

The Caucus provides an opportunity for all NCSM members' voices to be heard! I will facilitate the Eastern 1 Regional Caucus and will share information on NCSM initiatives, national issues, and future events. Come network and celebrate regional success with fellow mathematics leaders. This is your chance to ask questions. There will also be drawings for door prizes and information on an opportunity to participate in a committee meeting. We look forward to seeing you at your caucus.

Affiliates: Congratulations to the New York State Association of Mathematics Supervisors, President Juanita Maltese, and the Vermont Math Leadership Council, President Tracy Watterson, . Does your math association want to be an affiliate with NCSM? NCSM invites state, regional and provincial mathematics leadership organizations that meet the criteria (listed on the website) to become an affiliate of NCSM. We hope that you will consider this opportunity to work more closely with NCSM and to gain benefit from the association.

There are many regional and state conferences in the next few months in the Eastern 1 Region. Events in our region, including a link to more information, are listed in the calendar section of this page. If your event is not included, please contact me and we will have it listed.

• March 8 -Association of Mathematics Teachers of the Rochester Area Spring Conference, Rochester NY
  • March 14 - LIMACON, The Long Island Mathematics Conference, Old Westbury, NY
  • March 15 - Ten County Mathematics Educators Association Annual Conference, Ossining NY
  • March 17 - New Hampshire Teachers of Mathematics Annual Spring Conference, Concord NH
  • March 22 - Hudson Mohawk Valley Area Mathematics Conference, Delmar NY
  • March 29 - Association of Teachers of Mathematics Spring Conference, Hopedale MA

I hope to see you at the regional conferences and in New Orleans!

Reach out to your colleagues and invite them to join NCSM. Help us build our mathematics education leadership community.

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)