Region C2 Report - Summer 2014

News from Central 2 Region
Comfort Akwaji-Anderson, Central 2 Regional Director
Summer 2014

This school year was full of challenges, change and opportunities to live out the various aspects of our organizations' (N C S M) "elements of pursuits" and priorities, as we transition to the Common Core. I hope you have had a successful school year and can take some time over the summer to rejuvenate in readiness for the next school year.

Many thanks to those from Central Region 2 who attended the 46th NCSM annual conference held in New Orleans April 7-9, 2014. The conference provided stimulating sessions, informative sessions about the Leadership Resources NCSM provides and opportunities to network with colleagues from across the world!. We had a great representation of individuals from the various States in our region present at the C2 Caucus (44 total). It was nice to meet some of you for the first time or to see those I already knew. A very special thanks to our state team leaders listed below for stepping up to represent the respective states in our region. Please reach out to your state team leader or let me know if you would like to become involved with the NCSM, or if you have thoughts or ideas.

Iowa: Sue Runyon
Email:

Kansas: Connie Schrock
Email:

Minnesota: Karen Coblentz
Email:

Minnesota: Pamela Richards
Email:

Missouri: Marilyn Cannon
Email:

Nebraska: Sue Graupner
Email:

North Dakota: Cathy Williams
Email:

South Dakota: Jamalee Stone
Email:

South Dakota: Sharon Rendon
Email:

Wisconsin: Mary Richards
Email:

There are many opportunities professional development at your fingertips. I encourage you to take some time to look through the valuable resources on the website. And, to check out the upcoming 2014 NCSM Summer Leadership Academy scheduled to take place in Little Rock, AK on June 30 - July 2, 2014. The focus will be on deepening attendees' knowledge about the role of formative assessment in instruction, and the implementation of the Common Core State Standard as a way to effectively prepare for next generation summative assessments.

I also hope that as many members as possible from the Central Region 2 will take advantage of any other networking events opportunities to learn and/or share the successful initiatives in their states. If you are involved in planning a related activity or upcoming events (e.g. regional and state conferences) please contact me if you would like NCSM information, handouts, materials and NCSM leader to come speak at your events. Please send me dates and information related to events in our region for me to include in our regional calendar. Contact me at

In the meantime, have an enjoyable summer!

Comfort

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)