Region E1 Report - Fall 2014

News from the Eastern 1 Region
Suzanne Libfeld, Eastern 1 Regional Director
Fall 2014

Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year!

In September, NYSAMS, the NYS Association of Mathematics Supervisors, will host the Seventh Annual Hall of Fame for Mathematics Educators in Albany, NY. The honorees are Dr. Gerald R. Rising and Bill Caroscio. Their brief biographies and previous awardees can be found at nysams.org. NYSAMS will host the 10th Annual Leadership Summit in September and have a panel discussing edTPA, moderated by Joanne Powers; Susan Brockley from the Office of Curriculum and Instruction, NYSED will address the attendees; Dana Morse will speak about TI technology and I will do a presentation about It's TIME and also feature the outstanding resources of NCSM.

It's TIME was released and distributed at the annual conference in New Orleans. It is an excellent resource for leaders to work towards a common goal of improving mathematics achievement for every student. If you missed the webinar on August 28, you can access it at NCSM Webinars.

The Fall NCSM regional conferences entitled "It's TIME: Using Imperatives to Support and Motivate Leaders in Mathematics Education" will be held in Indianapolis, IN, Richmond, VA and Houston, TX.

The Association Of Mathematics Teachers of New York State is hosting their annual conference November 9-11 in Syracuse, NY. For more information go to amtnys.org.

We welcome John Wolfe as a New York State Team Leader and Lara White as a Vermont Team Leader. Please contact your NCSM State Team leaders (listed on the side bar) or me with any information you would like posted. If you are planning an upcoming conference, please contact me at . As you plan your local and state conferences, please invite an NCSM leader to speak and contact me for NCSM information and handouts to distribute. I hope I have the opportunity to see many of you at the various state conferences and in Boston, Massachusetts, April 13-15, 2015 for our NCSM Annual Conference.

Reach out to your colleagues and invite them to join NCSM. Help us build our mathematics education leadership community.

Wishing you a wonderful beginning to the school year!

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)