Region C2 Report - Spring 2015

News from Central 2 Region
Comfort Akwaji-Anderson, Central 2 Regional Director
Spring 2015

ICTM is co-sponsoring the 2015 Midwest Mathematics Meeting of the Minds (M4) Conference, an invitation-only event featuring Jo Boaler to be held Friday, March 6, 2015 at the Des Moines Area Community College campus in Ankeny, Iowa. I plan to attend this meeting and will also share some information about NCSM. I also hope to attend other state conferences in our region in the future.

Spring Upcoming Conferences:

North Dakota Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NDCTM) joint State Math and Science Councils will be held in Bismarck, North Dakota, March 20-21, 2015.

NCSM Annual Conference

Please continue to spread the word about NCSM and the resources available to support the work of mathematics education leaders. Many NCSM members in our region are preparing to travel east in April to attend the 47th annual conference, Shining the light on Learning: A Vision for Mathematics Leaders to be held in the beautiful city of Boston April 12-15. In addition to the many sessions described on the NCSM website, there are other exciting events planned. I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

This, my first year serving as your Regional Director, continues to be full of learning and finding ways to involve more members of our region in the work of NCSM. I welcome your input regarding ways for us to work together to meet the ever changing demands in our role as mathematics education leaders in our region. How can NCSM support you? How can we keep our state and regional members better connected? Please keep these questions in mind when you attend our regional caucus during the annual conference in April. We will generate responses to these questions then.

A list of NCSM State Team Leaders is posted on the Central Region 2 web page. Please contact one of us with information pertinent to your state. If you are planning an upcoming local / state conference and would like to invite an NCSM leader to speak; need information or handouts to display/give away, feel free to contact me at .

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)