Region E1 Report - Spring 2015

News from the Eastern 1 Region
Suzanne Libfeld, Eastern 1 Regional Director
Spring 2015

The 47th NCSM annual conference this year is in Boston, Massachusetts April 13-15, "Shining the Light on Learning." The program and session descriptions can be found on the NCSM website. The conference is a great opportunity to expand your network of resources and tools to support your work. I hope you are planning to attend and will also attend the Eastern 1 Regional Caucus during the conference. It is a great opportunity to meet and network with leaders in your region.

Eastern 1 Regional Caucus - Tuesday, April 14 3:30 - 4:15 p.m.

Room 156C
The Caucus provides an opportunity for all NCSM members' voices to be heard! I will facilitate the Eastern 1 Regional Caucus and will share information on NCSM initiatives, national issues, and future events. Come network and celebrate regional success with fellow mathematics leaders. This is your chance to ask questions. There will also be drawings for door prizes and information on an opportunity to participate in a committee meeting. We look forward to seeing you at the caucus.

Affiliates: Does your math association want to be an affiliate with NCSM? NCSM invites state, regional and provincial mathematics leadership organizations that meet the criteria (listed on the website) to become an affiliate of NCSM. We hope that you will consider this opportunity to work more closely with NCSM and to gain benefit from the association.

New York State Mathematics Educator Hall of Fame nominations sponsored by the New York State Association of Mathematics Supervisors: Consider nominating an outstanding New York state Mathematics educator. The nomination form is posted on nysams.org. The annual Hall of Fame dinner and Leadership Summit will be held in Albany, NY September 25 and 26.

There are many regional and state conferences in the next few months in the Eastern 1 Region. Events in our region, including a link to more information, are listed in the calendar section of this page. If your event is not included, please contact me and we will have it listed.

• March 13 - LIMACON, The Long Island Mathematics Conference, Old Westbury, NY
  • March 14 - Ten County Mathematics Educators Association Annual Conference, North Rockland High School, Thiells, NY
  • March 21 - Hudson Mohawk Valley Area Mathematics Conference, Latham NY

I hope to see you at the regional conferences and in Boston!

Reach out to your colleagues and invite them to join NCSM. Help us build our mathematics education leadership community.

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)