Region S1 Report - Spring 2015

News from the Southern 1 Region
Wanda Audrict, Southern 1 Regional Director
Spring 2015

Many of us are looking forward to warm sunny spring weather as we have faced much ice, snow, and extremely cold temperatures this winter. We are also looking forward to our 47th NCSM Annual Conference being held in Boston, Massachusetts on April 13-15, 2015. NCSM has been busy finalizing three exciting days in Boston focused on important issues for leaders in mathematics education. There is an amazing slate of speakers, session presenters, breakfasts, luncheons, bookstore of resources, etc. to engage every mathematics leader in attendance. I hope you have already made your plans and will be attending. As always, the NCSM Annual Conference is combined with the opportunity to meet new friends and visit with colleagues.

During the last few months in addition to my work on the Finance Committee and the Formative Assessment initiative, I have been working with and supporting members with implementation of Effective Feedback and Effective Questioning along with our various Formative Assessment JUMP START modules.

I have very much enjoyed this work. It has been productive and very engaging. Be sure to check out these resources during the conference. I would also love to meet and work with you. During the 47th NCSM Annual Conference please plan to attend our Southern 1 Caucus.

My term as NCSM Southern 1 Regional Director is coming to a close on the final day of this year's Annual Conference. Please join me for at our Caucus meeting for engaging interactions and a fond farewell. My tenure has been a very rewarding experience. I have made new friends and have had the opportunity to serve an organization of awesome mathematics leaders. Thank you for all you do! During this Caucus meeting you will also meet our new Southern 1 Regional Director.

NCSM is a volunteer organization. NCSM needs you! We rely on volunteers to write articles, review the journal, man the booth at conferences, serve on committees, help develop ideas and mold mathematics education. If you would like to be more involved, volunteer! If you are willing, but are not sure what would be fun, I will help you find a good match! Just send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.

See you in Boston!!!

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)