Region S2 Report - Spring 2015

News from the Southern 2 Region
Linda K. Griffith, Southern 2 Regional Director
Spring 2015

I was excited to get to travel to Austin, Texas on February 20th to attend the Texas Association of Supervisors of Mathematics (TASM) business meeting. It was a great meeting and it was great to visit with all my TASM friends and bring them greetings from NCSM. The collaboration among the Texas mathematics leaders is amazing.

I know many of the NCSM members from Southern 2 are planning on attending the NCSM Annual meeting in Boston, April 13-15. There are many exciting sessions planned for this meeting. The Southern 2 Region - Regional Caucus is scheduled for April 14. It will be held in Room 157 C from 3:30 pm until 4:15 pm. Please plan on joining me for this meeting if you will be in Boston. This session provides a great opportunity for mathematics education leaders in our region to collaborate.

As spring approaches, it is a good time to think about revitalizing our commitments to serve our profession. On the home page of this website there is a box that is entitled "Lead from within. Be an NCSM Volunteer", I encourage you to use this link to provide information to the NCSM Board about how you would like to get more involved with NCSM. Our organization is only as strong as each individual's commitment.

I am looking forward to seeing many of you in Boston!

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)