Region E1 Report - Summer 2015

News from the Eastern 1 Region
Suzanne Libfeld, Eastern 1 Regional Director
Summer 2015

The 47th NCSM annual conference this year, held in Boston in April was a huge success! We had 53 members attend the Eastern Region 1 Caucus, where members networked and shared successful initiatives in their states. The conference sessions were stimulating and provided outstanding opportunities to network with colleagues. There were many informative sessions on the Leadership Resources provided by NCSM. I encourage you to explore all of the valuable resources on the website. Many of the presentations and power points are posted on the website, in the section of the annual conference. I urge you to browse through them, as they will support you in the work you do.

Anne Collins from Massachusetts was the local conference chair and did a fabulous job! Anne worked since last summer to arrange a sponsor reception, local logistics and many other important "behind the scenes" aspects of the conference. She and her committee made sure all directional and room signs were in place every day and night! Thank you to Anne and the committee for a fabulous job!

Next year the 48th conference will be in Oakland, California. I encourage you to register to volunteer at the conference, stuffing bags, working the registration desk, etc. The volunteers this year had a great time working together and welcoming educators who attended the conference. I hope to see as many members from the Eastern 1 Region as possible to take advantage of this tremendous opportunity for personal and professional development

This Fall is brimming with many state conferences. The New York State Association of Mathematics Supervisors, NYSAMS, is hosting the NYS Mathematics Hall of Fame celebration September 25 and a Leadership Summit September 26, both in in Albany, NY. The Association of Teachers of Mathematics in New England, ATMNE, will hold their annual conference in Portland, Maine this year, October 29 and 30. We hope you can attend and "Show Us Your Moxie!" The Association of Teachers of Mathematics of New York State, AMTNYS, will hold their annual conference November 12-14 in Rochester, NY.

If you are involved in planning regional and state conferences, please contact me if you would like a NCSM leader to come speak at your state conference, and if you would like information, handouts and NCSM materials for upcoming events.

Wishing you a well deserved restful and relaxing summer!

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)