Region S1 Report - Summer 2015

News from the Southern 1 Region
Deborah Crocker, Southern 1 Regional Director
Summer 2015

As summer approaches, I hope all of us can look forward to some time for relaxation and renewal. I realize that many of us work throughout the year. Yet, summer seems to provide us with time to take a break, even if it is a short one. I hope you will enjoy your time!

Summer also provides us with many opportunities for professional development. I hope you can take advantage of some of them. Add the NCSM Summer Leadership Academy to your list of opportunities. I believe you will enjoy and learn a great deal by attending. The theme of the NCSM Leadership Academy is: "Mathematics Leadership in a Time of Change: Building Leaders at all Levels". The Academy will be July 13-15, 2015 in Billings, Montana. The registration deadline is July 1, 2015. Plan to join colleagues from across the country for this experience.

I am just starting as your NCSM Southern Region 1 Director. I enjoyed meeting many of you at the 47th NCSM Annual Conference in Boston, Massachusetts. I hope to see you at the 48th NCSM Annual Conference in Oakland, California. I hope you submitted a proposal to speak. Please plan to attend the Southern Region 1 caucus as well.

I plan to visit all of the states in Southern Region 1 over the next three years. Let me know about conferences and meetings in your area and send information about them to post on the NCSM web site.

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)