Region C2 Report - Fall 2015

News from Central 2 Region
Comfort Akwaji-Anderson, Central 2 Regional Director
Fall 2015

Fall brings to the door steps of schools a new batch of students to begin or continue their mathematics experience. As leaders in mathematics education, it is time to consider what it will take for educators to make an in print in these students' mathematics pathway. So, I have been thoughtfully considering what actions during this earlier part of the school year would make a lasting impression. I realize that a growth mindset might be an important ingredient here. Below is information about an opportunity to engage in collegial conversations about mindsets with other like-minded mathematics education professionals right here in Central Region 2.

2015 Fall Leadership Seminar

Registration is now open for the appropriately titled "IT'S TIME: Using Imperatives to Support and Motivate Leaders in Mathematics Education: Shifting Beliefs and Mindsets" seminar scheduled to take place in Minneapolis, Minnesota November 11th!

Additionally, Fall is an opportune time of the year to take advantage of the many professional development opportunities offered throughout Central Region 2. These include several upcoming state conferences. Check out the listings on the calendar below.

Central Region 2 State Happenings

As I indicated in my summer report, you will continue to hear more about our State Team Leaders in the Member Spotlights in the Fall and Winter NCSM Newsletters and bi-monthly Central Region 2 Newsletters. I will also include happenings in various states throughout our region. So, be on the lookout for those.

If you have questions feel free to contact any of our team leaders and me. If you need NCSM presence at an upcoming conference, or would like to have NCSM information to hand out please contact me .

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)