Region S1 Report - Spring 2016

News from the Southern 1 Region
Deborah Crocker, Southern 1 Regional Director
Spring 2016

Many excellent opportunities for professional development were offered in the Southern 1 Region this spring. The Georgia Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (GCSM) held their Winter Conference February 3-5 at Jekyll Island Club, Jekyll Island, GA. The Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics (VCTM) held its Annual Conference & Banquet March 4-5 at the University of Mary Washington-Stafford Campus.

In February, a two-day meeting to develop mathematics education leaders in South Carolina was held at the EdVenture Children's Museum in Columbia, SC. The meeting was a joint venture of the South Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics (SCCTM) and the South Carolina Leaders of Mathematics Education (SCLME) and the Museum. It was a great experience and a wonderful way to develop mathematics education leadership in the state. I appreciated the opportunity to attend and participate.

If I did not attend your state conference or leadership event this year, I hope to do so during the next two years. Please let me know the events, dates, and locations of these opportunities in your states. I can make plans to attend and make sure they are posted on the NCSM web site.

Please let me know if I can help you in any way as your NCSM Regional Director. Send me information that I can include in my next web update or newsletter update. Take advantage of the opportunities for professional development in your state or neighboring states this summer. I hope to see you at the 48th NCSM Annual Conference in Oakland, CA on April 11-13, 2016.

Stay in touch and share the activities of your organizations with me!

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)