Region W2 Report - Summer 2016

News from the Western 2 Region
Nancy Drickey, Western 2 Regional Director
Summer 2016

Hello NCSM members from Washington, Oregon, Hawaii and California! Here are some news items and a few suggestions as you begin your summer.

VOLUNTEER FOR AN NCSM COMMITTEE

Are you interested in getting more involved with NCSM? Now is your chance to volunteer for an NCSM Committee! If you are interested, we encourage you to sign up by filling out the volunteer form using this link: http://tinyurl.com/VolunteerNCSM. We usually have more interest than we can accommodate but are always looking for new members to get involved in our committees.

ADD YOUR THOUGHTS TO THE CAUCUS CONVERSATIONS

Thanks to all of you who attended the recent NCSM conference in Oakland. I was thrilled that 108 of you attended our caucus. If you missed out and want to see the collaborative document we discussed, go to: Western 2 Region and scroll down to the "Caucus Conversations: Engaging Leaders" section. You will find links to 4 areas. It's not too late if you want to add feedback to the document but please hurry. I believe the full board will review your comments at our July board meeting.

ATTEND THE NCSM SUMMER LEADERSHIP ACADEMY

Looking for some excellent summer professional development? Register now to attend the NCSM Summer Leadership Academy held July 18-20, 2016 at Adlai Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, IL. The theme is "Mathematics Leadership in a Time of Change: Building Leaders at all Levels". For more information and to register, go to: Leadership Academy

MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND A FALL CONFERENCE

As you plan ahead for the fall, here as some math conferences in our region:

August 5-7, Oregon Math Leaders, Salem, OR
September 8-10, TOTOM, Eugene, OR
October 21-23, Northwest Math Conference, WA
November 4-5, CMC-South Conference, Palm Springs, CA
December 2-4, CMC-North Conference, Asilomar, CA

For more information about each conference, check out the NCSM calendar of events at: Calendar of Events.

THANK YOUR PEERS FOR SERVING AS STATE TEAM LEADERS

I would like to sincerely thank our outgoing State Team Leaders: Mel Olsen (Hawaii) and Diane Kinch (CMC-South). And a warm welcome to new State Team Leaders: Seanyelle Yagi (Hawaii) and Diana Ceja (CMC-S). And, of course, a thank you to continuing State Team Leaders: Christine Roberts (CMC-Central), Hope Bjerke (CMC-North), Annette Kitagawa (CMC-South), Mark Freed (Oregon), Patty Sandoz (Oregon), and Tami Matsumoto (Washington).

ENJOY YOUR SUMMER

I hope you have plans for a relaxing, rejuvenating summer! I look forward to seeing many of you this fall at conferences in Washington and California.

Regional Reports
(click a quarter to expand)