The theme of the 2016 NCSM Annual Conference is:
BUILDING BRIDGES BETWEEN LEADERSHIP AND LEARNING MATHEMATICS:
Leveraging Education Innovation and Research to Inspire and Engage
Conference Program Strand Descriptions
The five strands to be featured at this exciting and educational NCSM Annual Conference are:
- Cultivating Leadership In a Time of Change - The focus will be on leader actions and thought processes that help improve teaching and learning at the building, district, region and state/province levels.
- Coaching That Matters - The focus will be on the coach's role in supporting all aspects of the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Advancing the Social Justice Conversation - This strand will focus on the unique interactions of mathematics education and student learners within their racial, cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic communities.
- Enhancing Mathematics Education in the Digital Age - This strand will focus on technological innovations that promote deep student learning of mathematical concepts as well as models of professional learning experiences that take advantage of affordances of technology.
- Sharing Research that Informs Mathematics Education - This strand will focus on research found to impact practice in the mathematics classroom and in professional learning for teachers.