New this Year at the San Diego Annual Conference
Developing Coaches - Developing Teachers
Throughout the conference, you will find sessions that focus on the work of mathematics coaches. These sessions are designed to support your work with teachers and the ultimate goal of enhancing the mathematics experience of all our students. Topics of Interest Include:
- Essential Practices for Coaches That Get Results
- Achievement Gap or Opportunity Gap? Changing the Perspective about School Performance in Mathematics
- Teaching, Learning, and Culture: Implications for Diverse Learners in Mathematics
- Student Focused Assessment Cycle
- Coaching Teachers to Ask Questions That Provide Just Enough Help to Move Students Forward
Special Interest For School Administrators
Monday's program includes a number of sessions of particular interest to administrators. Start your day at the opening session with Keynote Speaker, Mike Schmoker. Then choose from an array of session on topics such as:
- High-Leverage Actions for Mathematics Education Leaders
- What Does it Take to Move a District?
- NCSM's Principles and Indicators for Mathematics Education (PRIME) Leadership Framework
- Equity: The Struggle to Respect Young People's Thinking
- Student-Focused Assessment
- Common Core Standards
- Formative Assessment
- Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners and English Language Learners
- Bridging the Opportunity Gap
- And so much more!
Special Interest For Emerging Leaders
Are you new in your role as a leader? Are you considering becoming a mathematics leader? If you are, you're in the right place. NCSM is the organization to support your professional growth and leadership development. Wednesday's program includes a number of sessions of particular interest to emerging mathematics leaders.