Manuscript Content and Focus
The editors of the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership are interested in manuscripts addressing issues of leadership in mathematics education and reflecting a broad spectrum of formal and informal leadership at local, regional, national, and international levels.
Categories for submittal include
- Key topics in leadership and leadership development
- Case studies of mathematics education leadership work in schools and districts or at the state or provincial level and the lessons learned from this work
- Reflections on what it means to be a mathematics education leader and what it means to strengthen one's leadership practice
- Research reports with implications for mathematics education leaders
- Professional development efforts including how these efforts are situated in the larger context of professional development and implications for leadership practice
- Brief commentaries on critical issues in mathematics education
- Brief reviews of books that would be of interest to mathematics education leaders
Other categories that support the mission of the journal will also be considered. Currently, the editors are particularly interested in manuscripts that address the leadership work of mathematics coaches and mathematics specialists. We also invite readers to submit letters to the editor regarding any of the articles published in the journal. We want to hear about your reactions, questions, and connections you are finding to your work. Selected letters will be published in the journal with your permission.
Submittal of manuscripts should be done electronically to the Journal Editor, currently Angela Barlow, at . Submission should include:
- A WORD file with the body of the manuscript without any author identification and
- A WORD file with author information as you would like it to appear in the journal.
Each manuscript will be reviewed by two volunteer reviewers and a member of the editorial panel. Comments and suggested revisions will be sent back to the author at least six weeks before publication. Final copy must be agreed to at least three weeks before publication.
Deadlines for Submissions
Winter 2017 NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership: July 1, 2017
Spring 2018 NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership: January 1, 2018
Inquiries about and materials for the NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership may be sent to the NCSM Journal Editor.
Other NCSM inquiries may be addressed to:
National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
Dorothy Shadrick, NCSM Board and Executive Staff Liaison
2851 S. Parker Rd. #1210
Aurora, CO 80014
Phone: (303) 317-6595
Fax: (303) 200-7099